Vegan sushi bowl packed with veggies, brown rice, avocado, and topped with an oil-free sweet soy sauce dressing.
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 8 oz shelled edamame (frozen)
- ¼ of a head of red cabbage (shredded)
- 2 carrots peeled into ribbons or sliced into matchsticks
- 1 medium cucumber (diced)
- 1 avocado (deseeded and diced)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (for serving)
- 4 snack size nori seaweed sheets crumbled or 1 (8 x 8 inch) sheet (optional)
- pickled radishes (optional)
- ¼ cup (60 ml) tamari (or soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoon rice vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger, or 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Cook the brown rice according to the instructions on the bag, once done let it cool.
- Cook the edamame according to the instructions on the package, once done let it cool, and set it aside.
- In a small bowl or jar with a lid, mix the soy sauce, maple syrup, rice vinegar, garlic powder, and fresh ginger until combined.
- When the rice is done let it cool, then divide into bowls along with the edamame, and vegetables.
- If you are consuming now, add the avocado, sesame seeds, nori sheets (if using), and pickled radishes. If not, add them in later.
- Stir or shake the sauce before adding it to the sushi bowl.
- Category: Main Course
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan sushi power bowl, deconstructed sushi bowl, vegan sushi bowl