This vegan strawberry spinach salad has creamy avocado, toasted pecans, thinly sliced red onions with a drizzle of oil-free strawberry vinaigrette.
- ⅓ cup pecans or walnuts
- 1 recipe for strawberry vinaigrette
- 6 cups spinach or mixed salad greens
- 2 cups sliced strawberries, hulled
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- 1 avocado (peeled, pitted, and sliced)
- Toast the pecans or walnuts in a hot skillet for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently until they are fragrant and lightly golden. Then roughly chop the toasted nuts.
- Make the strawberry vinaigrette.
- To serve, add the greens to individual serving bowls, top with sliced strawberries, pecans, red onion, and avocado. Then drizzle with the strawberry vinaigrette before serving.
Don’t add the dressing until you’re ready to eat.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Category: salad
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: oil free salad, strawberry balsamic salad, vegan strawberry spinach salad