Simple, refreshing, and oil-free strawberry balsamic vinaigrette. It's tangy, sweet, and perfect for spring or early summer on a bed of greens. Summer is approaching and a lighter vinaigrette sounds delightful on salads this time of the year. It’s also a great alternative to use up those strawberries from berry picking. Not that I ever get to find something to do with them. I usually have all these ideas and plan to freeze some for later. Yet, every year the strawberries mainly just get eaten right out of the fridge and before I know it they’re all gone. So, thank goodness I can still buy them from the store. Maybe that’s a great tip to get your family to eat more fruit, go pick it!
How to Make Strawberry Vinaigrette
Mix the lemon juice and balsamic vinegar together in a small bowl, then add the diced shallot. This will soften the harshness from the shallot and give the dressing a little more flavor. That’s what we want, to build some flavor! Let it sit for about 10-15 minutes then add everything to the blender and blend. Super easy and most of the time is spent waiting on the shallot. Then add the vinaigrette on top of a bed of greens or strawberry avocado salad. Store any leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to a week and stir before serving.
More Oil-Free Dressings Recipes
As always, I hope you enjoy the recipe!Print
Simple, refreshing, and oil-free strawberry balsamic vinaigrette. It's tangy, sweet, and perfect for spring or early summer on a bed of greens.
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 small shallot diced (about 2 tablespoons once diced)
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (if needed)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Mix the balsamic vinegar and lemon juice together in a small bowl, then add the diced shallot. Let the shallot sit in the vinegar mix for 10-15 minutes.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients and the shallot/vinegar mixture to a blender and blend until smooth. If your strawberries are not sweet enough add a teaspoon of maple syrup.
- Store covered in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Add to your favorite greens or strawberry avocado salad.
- Prep Time: 20 mins (including 15 mins of wait time)
- Category: dressing
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: strawberry balsamic dressing no oil, oil-free salad dressing