The holidays are here and even though we love vegan cranberry sauce, we usually have leftovers. So here are 16 vegan ways to use leftover cranberry sauce. All sorts of options from breakfast, snacks, desserts, and even savory dishes.
How to Use Leftover Cranberry Sauce
- Use it like jam on toast or muffins.
- Make whole-wheat cranberry sauce muffins, perfect for snacks or breakfast.
- Mix with plain vegan yogurt to sweeten it up.
- Make a parfait out of vegan yogurt, cranberry sauce, and granola.
- Use it to sweeten your warm morning oatmeal.
- Mix it with cream cheese and top your bagel with the cranberry cream cheese mixture.
- Warm it up and drizzle it on top of pancakes, waffles, or French toast.
- Make a leftover sandwich (tofurky or another roast, stuffing, and cranberry sauce between two slices of your bread).
- Make vegan cocktail meatballs. Mix a cup of cranberry sauce with Heinz Chili Sauce in a pot, add frozen vegan meatballs, and cook according to the bag’s instructions on how to heat up meatballs in sauce.
- Put it into sauces like homage bbq sauce to sweeten them up.
- Use it to sweeten salad dressing, like a cranberry vinaigrette.
- Cranberry sauce and peanut butter sandwich.
- Make a tofu and cranberry sandwich. Press a block of tofu, and slice it into slabs for sandwich pieces. Season some panko bread crumbs with rosemary, sage, thyme, salt, and pepper. Set up three separate bowls, the first one with cornstarch, the second with plant-based milk, and the third with the panko. Place the slices in the cornstarch and coat, then the milk, and last coat with bread crumbs. Pan-fry the slice until it’s browned on both sides. Use your favorite bread and make a sandwich out of tofu and cranberry sauce.
- Cranberry and cheese panini! Add your favorite vegan cheese and a cranberry sauce between two slices of toast. Use a panini press or place the sandwich in a cast iron skillet with another heavy pan on top. Flip the sandwich over to brown both sides.
- Add to your favorite bread pudding recipe.
- Warm it up and drizzle it on top of an unfrosted cake or vegan cheesecake.