This website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Crispy oil-free roasted chickpeas are a healthy snack or a great alternative for croutons. They're easy to make using a homemade ranch seasoning blend.
How to Make Crispy Oil-Free Ranch Roasted Chickpeas
Blend up the seasonings to be able to get an even coating on all of the chickpeas. A small blender works well to grind up the seasonings to a powder. A mini food processor or spice grinder would work well too. Did you ever buy the ranch flavor packs from the store? When the seasonings are ground up they remind me of that, but without tons of salt and the funny ingredients.
Drain and rinse the chickpeas, but don’t dry them. The moisture left on them will be enough for the seasonings to stick. Then bake on a silicone mat for an oil-free snack. I use silicone mats for everything I throw in the oven, oil-free secret weapon. Well, not so secret. If you don’t have a silicone mat, they probably won’t stick too bad to a baking tray.
Stir the chickpeas halfway through the baking time so they roast evenly. The low and slow roasting method produces a crispier chickpea snack, not such a mushy center.
They're best eaten the day of when the chickpeas are the crispest. They’ll lose their crunch as time goes on. They should be fine to store at room temperature as long as they are crispy, so no moisture left. I leave them on the counter stored in a jar with the lid on but not tightened. When the chickpeas are refrigerated they seem to get chewy quicker.
- On top of soups like croutons
- On top of salads
- Filling for wraps
- Toppings for veggie bowls
I hope you enjoy the oil-free ranch-flavored roasted chickpeas recipe!
If you like snack ideas we also have a sweet and spicy roasted nuts recipe.
Ranch Roasted Chickpeas
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Diet: Vegan
Crispy oil-free roasted ranch flavor chickpeas. Perfect for snacks or croutons!
- 1 can (15 ounces) of chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon freeze-dried chives
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- A few cracks of fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C)
- In a small food processor or blender grind up all the seasoning for a powdered ranch mix.
- Drain and rinse the can of chickpeas, but don’t dry them.
- Add the chickpeas to bowl then coat them with the seasoning mix. Stir to make sure they are well coated.
- Empty the chickpeas on a baking tray (I like to use silicone mats for oil-free). With a silicone spatula scoop out any remaining seasoning stuck to the inside of the bowl and add to the chickpeas.
- Spread out the chickpeas so they’re not clumped together.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until golden brown and dry, stirring halfway through for even roasting.
- They’ll continue roasting while cooling.
- Let cool and store at room temperature.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: how to make oil-free crispy chickpeas, healthy vegan snack
Leave a Reply