Easy no-churn vegan cherry nice cream made from only three ingredients. This recipe was a huge hit in my house. Gobble it up right after pureeing the fruit or save it for later for scoop-able banana ice cream.
To make things special we layout toppings to add to our nice cream, for this one we added fresh chopped cherries and mini vegan chocolate chips. My little chickpea calls it his “sundae setup.”
Nice cream is a dairy-free dessert made from frozen fruit. Bananas work great because they don’t contain much water, so they make frozen treats nice and creamy. I’m using them in this recipe for that reason. I wanted a creamy texture, but not the banana flavor. So, a higher frozen cherry-to-banana ratio works well for that.
The almond extract in the recipe brings out the delightful cherry flavor. A little extract goes a long way and just a touch gives so much flavor to this banana ice cream. For more nice cream recipes try pineapple nice cream, banana ice cream, or chocolate peanut butter nice cream.
I think the texture for nice cream is better without adding milk, so in the “How to” section you’ll find some tips on accomplishing that.
How to Make Cherry Nice Cream
All the sweetness is coming from the bananas and cherries, so the browner the banana the sweeter it is. Also keep in mind the riper the banana is, the more it stands out in the flavor profile.
Adding milk helps make pureeing the fruit easier. So, slicing the bananas into coins before freezing them makes less work on your blender or food processor.
Place the sliced bananas and frozen cherries into a food processor or blender. Depending on how powerful your food processor is, you may need to let the frozen fruit thaw partly (a couple of minutes) to make them easier to puree. This will also help reduce the need for adding milk.
Pulse to break up the frozen bits.
Then continue pureeing until thick and creamy. If your food processor or blender is still having a hard time pureeing the fruit, start with a ¼ cup of milk and puree. Add more if needed.
Serve immediately for soft serve or freeze in a freezer-safe container for scoopable nice cream.
If the banana ice cream is too firm to scoop, let it thaw partly on the counter for 5-10 minutes to soften. How long it needs to thaw depends on how long it's been frozen. If the banana ice cream has been frozen overnight or longer, it will be more difficult to scoop. For scoopable nice cream try freezing for just a couple of hours.
Nice Cream Recipes
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Nice Cream is another family favorite!
- Banana Ice Cream
- Pineapple Nice Cream
- Pineapple Coconut Popsicles with lime juice
- Pineapple Slush with orange juice
Easy no-churn vegan cherry nice cream made from only three ingredients.
- 2 frozen bananas, sliced into ½ inch coins before freezing
- 3 cups frozen pitted cherries
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ¼-½ cup plant-based milk (if needed)
- Add everything to a food processor or blender. You may need to let the fruit partly thaw so they’ll puree easier.
- Pulse to break up the frozen bits, then continue pureeing until thick and creamy. Stop to scrape down the sides when needed.
- Start with ¼ cup of plant-based milk if the bananas and cherries are not pureeing.
- Serve it immediately for soft serve, or freeze for a couple of hours for scoop-able nice cream.
- If you freeze it for later and it’s too hard to scoop, then let it sit on the counter for 5-10 minutes.
If you freeze the nice cream overnight or longer, it will be more difficult to get scoop-able nice cream.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes (plus freezing time)
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: dessert
- Method: food processor, blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: nice cream recipes, vegan cherry nice cream, vegan cherry ice cream