Healthy berry salad with a cinnamon apple juice dressing, and a little bit of fresh mint to brighten up this summer fruit salad. Simple to make, but loaded with flavor! It’s a great side dish or a healthy dessert.
I have another fruit salad recipe that I’ve been making for probably over a decade that’s my favorite. I almost always make it for Father’s Day, and I always request it for Mother’s Day. It uses lime juice to add that little something to make the bowl of fruit zing. With this salad, why not keep it simple with just fresh berries, apple juice, cinnamon, and fresh mint. That’s it! Using fresh ingredients and just focusing on simplicity highlights those berries and makes them pop with even more flavor.
Tips For Making a Fresh Berry Salad
- If you substitute with fruit that browns quickly (ex. apples and bananas) wait until you’re ready to serve before slicing and adding to the salad.
- Let it sit in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour before serving it, for the flavors to marry.
- The juices will sit on the bottom of the bowl so toss before serving to redistribute the juices.
As always, I hope you enjoy the recipe for a fresh berry salad!Print
Healthy berry salad with a cinnamon apple juice dressing, and a little bit of fresh mint to brighten up this fresh summer salad. Simple to make, but loaded with flavor!
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, hulled then quartered or sliced in half
- 4 ounces blackberries
- 4 ounces blueberries
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Fresh mint to garnish
- Wash and gently dry berries before adding to a large bowl.
- Then add the apple juice, cinnamon, and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately or let it sit for 30 minutes to an hour for flavors to incorporate.
- Add mint before serving and toss.
- Category: side dish, breakfast, snack
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: fruit salad with apple juice, summer fruit salad