This vibrant and refreshing orange carrot ginger smoothie is easy to put together and nutrient-rich. It only takes about 10 minutes and you have a delicious smoothie for breakfast or snack time.
The recipe was inspired by my favorite carrot-orange juice I get from a local shop. I love the combination with fresh ginger, so this is my smoothie version with some adjustments. If you like to change up the veggies you add to smoothies, you also might enjoy my pineapple beet smoothie.
Carrots - This slightly sweet root vegetable goes great in smoothies with fresh oranges. It’s also a nice alternative to adding greens to smoothies (you know, to sneak in more vegetables).
Orange - The fruit adds even more sweetness and of course the orange flavor to this carrot orange smoothie recipe.
Frozen pineapple - The sweet tropical fruit adds more sweetness and helps to make the smoothie cold without the need for ice.
Frozen banana - The fruit makes the smoothie creamy, binds everything together, and in its frozen state negates the need for ice.
Fresh lemon juice - The lemon is optional but adds a nice brightness to the smoothie.
Fresh ginger - Ginger root adds loads of flavor and a little spice. It’s more of a pop of flavor that hits the back of the throat and it has an almost warming quality to it.
- I love the spice of ginger in this carrot pineapple smoothie, but if you're not as big of a fan then just use 1 inch or leave it out.
- If you're a bigger fan then use more ginger in the recipe.
- Peel the ginger, then either grate with a Microplane or dice the ginger piece before adding it to the blender.
- If you don’t have fresh oranges, substitute them with orange juice.
- When peeling the orange make sure to remove the white bitter pith.
- If you substitute the frozen components with fresh ones, add ice cubes to make the smoothie cold.
- If you don’t have a high-speed blender, then the carrots may need to be diced in order to be blended.
- Use frozen mango instead of frozen pineapple
- Add ¼ teaspoon of ground turmeric
The orange carrot ginger smoothie is best served immediately, but leftovers can be stored covered in the refrigerator. Consume within 24 hours.
More Plant-Based Smoothie Recipes
- Pineapple Beet Smoothie
- Dairy-Free Mango Smoothie
- Vegan Chocolate Banana Smoothie
- Spinach Pineapple Banana Smoothie
- Pineapple Cucumber Smoothie
As always, I hope you enjoy the recipe for a carrot pineapple smoothie!Print
This vibrant and refreshing orange carrot ginger smoothie is easy to put together and nutrient-rich.
- 2 large carrots, peeled and roughly chopped into small bite-size pieces
- 2 oranges, peeled
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 1 large banana, sliced then frozen
- 1-2 inches fresh ginger, peeled then grated or diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
- 1 cup water
- Place everything in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Refrigerate any leftovers and consume within 24 hours.
When peeling the orange make sure to remove the white bitter pith.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: snack
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: orange carrot ginger smoothie, Carrot orange pineapple ginger smoothie, Carrot orange smoothie recipe with ginger, Carrot orange banana smoothie