Vegan curry chickpea salad is easy and flavorful. It’s creamy, crunchy, a little sweet, and a little spicy. You can use it to top crackers or turn it into a sandwich for a filling lunch.
It can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator, so it works great for meal prepping. Use either vegan mayo or vegan sour cream to make it creamy. Add curry powder and garlic powder for lots of flavors.
Then add diced red bell peppers and finely diced red onions for some crunch. A touch of maple syrup for a little sweetness to complement those sweet red bell peppers. Then fresh lemon juice for a little tang and sriracha to kick up the heat level. I prefer more heat with my curry powder.
How to Make Creamy Curry Chickpea Salad
Start by adding the drained and rinsed chickpeas to a bowl and mash them with the back of a fork.
Chop your red bell pepper and red onion, add to the chickpeas. Then add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl. Stir to combine.
If you like it spicy, add a teaspoon of sriracha for a little kick. Taste to season with a little more salt and pepper if it’s needed.
- Everyone has a different cap on spiciness, so if you don’t like it hot, start with ½ teaspoon of sriracha then step up to 1 teaspoon if it’s not enough. If that’s still not enough kick for you, add more.
- Vegan mayo or sour cream works well. I haven’t tested it but plain unsweetened yogurt will probably work well too.
- Sriracha is a hot, sweet, sour, and salty condiment with garlic undertones. There’s not a great substitution for it, but in a pinch, you can try cayenne pepper. Start with just a pinch and increase from there. It’s easier to add more than trying to fix adding too much.
Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
How to Serve Curry Chickpea Salad
- Serve it with crackers
- Use it as a dip for your favorite veggies
- Make it into a sandwich
- Make it into a wrap with match stick carrots and lettuce
- In a pita
- Lettuce cups
- On top of your favorite greens for a salad
More Quick Lunch Ideas
As always I hope you enjoy this curry chickpea salad recipe!Print
Curry chickpea salad is an easy and flavorful spread. You can use it to top crackers or turn it into a sandwich for a filling lunch.
- Add the chickpeas to a bowl and mash with the back of a fork.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine.
- Start with ½ teaspoon of sriracha, then add more if needed.
- Serve with crackers or in a wrap.
- Category: salad, main course
- Method: Mash, mix
- Cuisine: American, Indian
Keywords: how to make curry chickpea salad spread, curry chickpeas, healthy vegan dip