Avocado toast, yum!
I can’t believe I used to not like avocados, but I hardly ate many fruits or vegetables and loved fast food. My taste buds have definitely changed. Avocados can be used for so much: adding a creamy texture to smoothies, a substitute for mayo on sandwiches, a substitute for sour cream on Tex-Mex dishes, or just enjoying its silky texture on toast.
Avocado toast is such a simple recipe, but it can be altered to your preference. My favorites are adding sliced radishes, sliced tomatoes, or just some crushed red pepper. I love adding radishes to the dish because it’s a fun way to introduce a new vegetable to our diet. The toast is also a nice alternative to sweet dishes for breakfast or a quick lunch.
If you like avocados you might enjoy my easy and flavorful guacamole recipe.
Enjoy three different ways to dress up your avocado toast!
Three different ways to change up your avocado toast for a quick breakfast or lunch.
- 3-4 slices of bread depending on the size of the slices
- 1 avocado
- ⅛ teaspoon of salt
- ⅛ teaspoon of garlic powder
- Sliced radishes with parsley
- Sliced Roma or cherry tomatoes with a sprinkle of sea salt
- Crushed red pepper
- Toast the bread.
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit, and scoop out the flesh.
- In a bowl, mash the avocado with the salt and garlic powder.
- Spread the mashed avocado on the toast.
- Top with desired toppings.
- Best if served immediately.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: avocado toast vegan, avocado toast seasoning, how to make avocado toast