Creamy mango overnight oats with a twist! We’re adding allspice and cinnamon for some extra flavor to these healthy and nutritious oats. They’re perfect for an on-the-go breakfast for school or work. Add some toppings to make it fancy or eat it as is. Coconut yogurt makes it even creamier and toasted coconut flakes add a more tropical flavor.
I love having breakfast ready in the morning, especially cool creamy overnight oats for the summer. I definitely prefer more fruity flavors for my oats, while my son is still enjoying his chocolate peanut butter overnight oats year after year. Those are amazing to have in the fridge for school days. Grab it out of the fridge, pair it with fruit, and breakfast is ready. It uses an unsweetened cocoa powder with a teaspoon of maple syrup, so he feels like he’s getting a treat and I know he’s not having a super sweet breakfast.
For Meal Prepping Multiple Servings
Option 1: Add as many servings as needed to a large bowl with a lid, keep it in that container overnight, and don’t portion it out before it thickens up (the milk to oats ratio gets messed up). Once it's thickened and ready to consume, scoop out the desired portion.
Option 2: Mix the individual servings in separate jars or small containers with lids that will also be used as their serving dishes.
- If using frozen mango, after you let it thaw, dice it into small bite-size pieces.
- If using fresh ripe mango, it may be sweet enough to not need the maple syrup.
- If you prefer a thinner consistency, add a splash of milk before serving.
- Overnight oats with fruit will usually only last a couple of days in the fridge versus non-fruit overnight oats which can last about 5-7 days in the fridge. To get around that, prep the oats without the mango, then add the mango the night before or the morning of.
More Overnight Oat Recipes
- Simple Overnight Oats
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
- Pumpkin Overnight Oats
- Strawberry Overnight Oats
- Cherry Overnight Oats
I hope you enjoy the recipe for overnight oats with mango!
Creamy mango overnight oats with a twist! We’re adding allspice and cinnamon for some extra flavor to these healthy and nutritious oats. They’re just perfect for an on-the-go breakfast for school or work.
- ½ cup rolled oats (old fashioned oats)
- ½ cup diced mango (fresh or thawed if frozen)
- ½ cup dairy-free milk
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground flax seed
- ⅛ teaspoon ground allspice
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Toasted shredded coconut
- Coconut yogurt
- Slivered almonds
- Mix all the ingredients in a jar or container with a lid.
- Cover and let it sit in the refrigerator for about two hours (or overnight) to thicken.
- Top with coconut flakes, coconut yogurt, slivered almonds, or leave as is.
- Best if eaten within 2 days of making.
- Category: breakfast
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: overnight oats, vegan overnight oats, overnight oats recipe healthy