These vegan strawberry overnight oats are easy and great for a cold scrumptious breakfast for spring or summer. No oven or stovetop is needed and they can be made ahead of time for busy mornings.
For this overnight oats recipe, I’m adding a little twist to infuse more strawberry flavor. We’re blending up a ½ cup of fresh or frozen strawberries in the milk for a bolder strawberry flavor in every bite. Then add a little lemon juice for a little tang and to help preserve some of the pink strawberry color.
The strawberry milk turns a beautiful pink color and is absolutely delicious, I could drink the entire container. Sadly the bright pink milk color does diminish after the oats soak it up, but it’s still super yummy. Then for even more strawberry flavor, add diced strawberries to the oat mixture or add them the next day when you’re ready to enjoy.
How to Make Overnight Strawberry Oats
- Blend the strawberries, dairy-free milk, maple syrup, lemon juice, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- In a large mouth jar or another small air-tight container, mix the old-fashioned oats, ground flaxseed, ground cinnamon, and a pinch of salt.
- Then add the wet ingredients to the dry ones and mix. Stir in diced strawberries for a more strawberry flavor or add them the next day when you're ready to consume.
- Fresh or frozen strawberries work great to make strawberry-flavored milk, so this overnight oats recipe can be made all year long. No need to thaw when adding the berries to the milk.
- Normally overnight oats without fruit can last about 5 days in air-tight containers in the fridge, but with the fresh or frozen fruit, I think they’re best within 2-3 days.
- The recipe is for just one serving, but it can easily be doubled or tripled.
Options for Making Strawberry Milk for Multiple Servings
- Option 1: Blend each individual serving separately (no need to clean the blender in between) then add to each prepared and portioned oat mixture serving.
- Option 2: Blend all the wet ingredients for all of the servings at one time, you’ll also need to mix all of the oat mixture servings in a large bowl. Add the blended wet mixture to the oats, stir to combine, and let it sit for about 10 minutes to thicken up. Give it another stir then portion out into individual servings or keep in one big covered bowl in the refrigerator.
More Overnight Oat Recipes
- Simple overnight oats
- Chocolate peanut butter overnight oats
- Mango overnight oats
- Pumpkin overnight oats
- Cherry overnight oats
As always, I hope you enjoy this recipe using fresh or frozen strawberries in overnight oats!Print
These vegan strawberry overnight oats are easy and great for a cold scrumptious breakfast for spring or summer. No oven or stove is needed and they can be made ahead of time for a healthy breakfast on busy mornings.
- ½ cup hulled and halved strawberries, fresh or frozen
- ½ cup dairy-free milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Small pinch of salt (two-finger pinch)
- More diced strawberries
- Vegan yogurt
- Toasted unsweetened coconut
- Toasted almond slices
- Blend the strawberries, milk, maple syrup, lemon juice, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Mix the oats, flaxseed, cinnamon, and pinch of salt together in a wide mouth jar or a small container with a lid.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until combined.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight to set.
- Since it’s fresh fruit, I would consume it within 2-3 days.
No need to thaw frozen strawberries if using for the strawberry milk.
- Category: breakfast
- Method: no bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan strawberry overnight oats, Strawberry overnight oats, Strawberry overnight oats recipe, Overnight oats strawberries and cream