Easy, creamy, oil-free dijon mustard cashew dressing that’s ready in 5-10 minutes (depending on your blender). Cashews are mild tasting and blend up beautifully for creamy dressings or dips. This dressing will thicken up as it chills and will keep up to a week while stored in the fridge.
How to Soak Cashews
Even if you have a high-speed blender, if you soak your cashews the dressing will turn out smoother. If your blender can’t handle raw cashews, then they need to be soaked for a smoother consistency.
- Option one: place the cashews in a mason jar with a lid, cover them with water, and soak the nuts for at least 4 hours leaving them out on the counter.
- Option two: place the cashews in a mason jar with a lid, cover them with water, and soak them overnight in the refrigerator.
- Option three: soak the cashews in hot water for an hour. This method is quicker but doesn’t give the same smooth texture as the first two methods.
If a smooth consistency is the least of your worries and you just want a quick dressing for your salad then don’t worry about soaking the cashews for this recipe. Depending on your blender it might take a little longer to blend and not be as silky smooth.
I hope you enjoy this recipe for cashew dressing! My family and I have been enjoying some easy meals using rice, chickpeas, vegetables, loads of greens, all topped with our new favorite creamy cashew dijon dressing.
More Recipes for Oil-Free Salad Dressing
- Strawberry vinaigrette
- Smoky tahini dressing
- Dijon tahini dressing
- Peanut dipping sauce
- Cilantro cashew dressing
Easy, creamy, oil-free cashew dijon dressing that’s ready in 5-10 minutes.
- ½ cup raw cashews (soak if needed and drained)
- ½ cup water
- 1 ½ tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Blend everything in a blender until smooth.
- Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for a week.
- Category: Salad, sauce
- Cuisine: American